The American Association of Behavioral and Social Sciences publishes two journals annually: AABSS Perspectives Journal and the AABSS Journal.
All papers presented at the AABSS Annual Meeting are eligible for inclusion in the AABSS Perspectives Journal. This is an edited journal. It is published on the web. The AABSS Journal is an edited and refereed publication.
Note: Members who did not attend the Annual Meeting may submit manuscripts to both journals. The fee is $25.00.
SUBMISSION OF MANUSCRIPTS
AABSS Perspectives (Electronic Journal).
- Email a copy in HTML format (as an attachment) of your original manuscript to John Doyle, Ph.D., Editor, AABSS Perspectives firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For an example of acceptable manuscript formatting, please see: https://aabss.org/journal/Mahdavi/
- To save in HTML simply select “Save As” from “File” on the Tool bar and then select “Save as Web Page”. In MS Word, saving in this manner will create “extensions”. You will notice (if you save the file to your desktop) these extensions will be in a file folder. Be sure to email all of the components to the editor along with the document.
- References. Unless otherwise specified in these instructions, manuscripts should be prepared according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association available from APA, 1200 17th Street NW, Washington DC 20036.
All rights reserved. No part of the AABSS Perspectives may be reproduced in any form whatsoever without permission, in writing, from the AABSS.
PEER-REVIEWED AABSS JOURNAL
The AABSS Journal exists for the purpose of providing a peer-reviewed forum for scholars, researchers, students and administrators who conduct original research. Articles in the AABSS Journal relate to all areas of the social and behavioral sciences with particular focus on applied research, practice concepts, education, administration, training and evaluation. Contributions to the Journal are sent anonymously to two reviewers for recommendation and comments. The instructions below should be followed to avoid delay in the review and/or publication process.
Submission of manuscripts
- Email a copy (as a Word attachment) of your original manuscript to Carl Renold, Ph.D., Editor, AABSS Journal email@example.com.
- Length of manuscripts. Manuscripts should not exceed 20 pages, including tables, illustrations and references.
- Title Page. The manuscript should have a separate title page showing the title of the paper, author(s) institutional affiliation and address, and desired correspondence address. Author’s name should NOT appear in the heading to the text of the paper. Reference and explanatory footnotes should NOT be used in the text.
- Abstract and key words. Each copy of the manuscript should include an abstract of not more than eight lines, typed double-space on a separate sheet. Below the abstract, there should be two to five key words that do not appear in the title to assist in cross-indexing the article.
- Tables. Each table should be typed on a separate sheet, double-spaced. Each table should have a title and be numbered consecutively using Arabic numerals. Table footnotes should be typed immediately below the table using small superscript letters (a, b, c) as reference marks. Asterisks should be used for significant probabilities of test of significance.
- Subheadings. Descriptive subheadings should be used throughout the manuscript.
- Preparation of manuscripts. Unless otherwise specified in these instructions, manuscripts should be prepared according to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association available from APA, 1200 17th Street NW, Washington DC 20036. Manuscripts must be typed double-spaced throughout, including reference lists, tables, and direct quotations, on one side of 8.5” by 11” white paper, using at least 1” margins.
- Other submissions and reproduction. Submission of a manuscript to this journal implies that it has not been published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. If accepted by AABSS Journal the manuscript will not be published elsewhere without permission from the AABSS.